On-Site Risk Assessments
Identifying On-Site Hazards
We can help you identify where the hazards are in your workplace. Looking at the severity and likelihood of each, we can calculate the likelihood of the hazard resulting in harm to your workforce.
Risk assessment is the process of identifying hazards on site. The likelihood of the hazard resulting in harm is then assessed for each of the hazards. The amount of risk can then be used to prioritise controls which will reduce the risk of injury.
The cornerstone of any organisation’s health & safety arrangements is the identification of potentially hazardous areas and activities. This works together with identifying any health & safety risks to people involved in each of those areas and activities, ensuring they follow the health & safety law (Management of Health & Safety at Work Regulations 1999, Regulation 3).
Bespoke Risk Assessments
We can provide clients with:
- A comprehensive report detailing the recommended risk improvements with timescales for completion as part of an action plan
- Bespoke job and task risk assessments for each project
- Specialist risk assessments that include a unique or new activity to your company’s operations
- Advice on how to improve operations to minimise risk and become more cost-effective
- Training to assist your staff to complete their own risk assessments
Once the hazards have been identified, the first consideration is to determine whether it is possible to remove them completely. Where this is not possible, it must be controlled, or a safe system of works needs to be implemented.